This site features resources for the tabletop roleplaying game crowd, designed to work on any device. Bookmark this site as a handy, cell-phone friendly GM toolbox.
Tools features useful random game information generators. Names will take you to a variety of person, place, item, and event name generators. Archives links to useful RPG-related articles. Games accesses information for my various campaigns. News brings in RPG news from multiple sources. Dogs is a section for my pets and other miscellaneous info.
For additional gaming resources, check out the Dinky Dungeons fan site.
Today's featured gaming tool: Event and Holiday Name Generator
Tips for Players
Discuss your ideas for a character concept with the GM. You may not get as much time in the spotlight if your concept doesn't fit in well with the storyline. Avoid making "lone wolf", immoral, obtuse, or annoying characters.
Tips for GameMasters
Avoid PC Puppets - Except in rare circumstances, the GM should not control a player's character. If the PC is charmed, explain to the player how they should roleplay until the effects are over. Don't run a PC while the player is gone - if necessary, let another player get permission to do so.
From the RPG Glossary...
Power up - Anything that gives the character a temporary advantage.
When I Am the Evil Overlord...
I will never utter the sentence "But before I kill you, there's just one thing I want to know".
You Might Be A Gamer If...
You tried gaming outside, for that "natural, woodland atmosphere" ...until you found out the hard way about the @%#*! wind, when it blew all of your maps and character sheets away.
Gamer To Avoid
The Stoic - His character has no strong human emotions. He is never terrified, overjoyed, or awestruck. Nothing causes him to change his perspective or develop as a person.
Things I Learned While Gaming
Character descriptions cannot contain two of the following words: Slavic, Tone-deaf, Karaoke, Musician.
- 6/10/2018 - The site is being upraded. Thank you for your patience.
- 11/20/2017 - We have a new dog!
- 2/19/2017 - The Strange and Mysterious Event Generator has been upgraded.
- 8/3/2016 - Site graphics have been redesigned.
- 10/19/2015 - Site now has a responsive design and is media device friendly.
- 8/10/2015 - Fantasy band name generator added to Tools.
- 6/2/2015 - Event and holiday name generator added to Tools.
- 10/17/2014 - New ABC songs added to Kiralynn's Music.
- 2/28/2014 - Epic weapon name generator added to Tools.
- 3/15/2013 - Dog name generator added to Tools.
- 1/15/2013 - Moved the site to a new web host.
- 8/9/2012 - New ABC songs added to Kiralynn's Music.
- 5/20/2012 - Updated Spells for the Lands of Xina.
- 3/7/2012 - Added a Village Name Generator to Tools.
- 2/16/2012 - Updated the Fantasy horse name generator.
- 12/9/2011 - Added a web page for Talos (Caesar), our new dog.
- 10/26/2011 - List of fantasy horse names has expanded.
- 10/7/2011 - The main menu options have been reorganized.
- 9/3/2011 - New songs added to the Kiralynn's Music ABC collection.
- 7/15/2011 - Werewolf name generator added to Tools.
- 6/12/2011 - Latest News RSS feeds updated.
- 5/12/2011 - ABC Music section added for LotRO.
- 4/7/2011 - Guild name generator added to Tools.
- 3/3/2011 - Magic item and powerstone creation tools added for Lands of Xina.
- 2/9/2011 - Newspaper name generator added to Tools.
- 12/20/2010 - A Fantasy horse name generator added to Tools.
- 11/3/2010 - Updated spells, skills, and enchanting guide for Lands of Xina.
- 10/18/2010 - Updated Armor in Lands of Xina equipment.
- 9/20/2010 - Added poisons to Narcotics in Lands of Xina equipment.
- 9/15/2010 - Updated Lodging in Lands of Xina equipment.
Found a bug? Squash it! Report bugs here. Please be as specific and detailed as possible. (No actual bugs were harmed in the making of this website.)