This site features resources for the tabletop roleplaying game crowd, designed to work on any device. Bookmark this site as a handy, cell-phone friendly GM toolbox.
Tools features useful random game information generators. Names will take you to a variety of person, place, item, and event name generators. Archives links to useful RPG-related articles. Games accesses information for my various campaigns. News brings in RPG news from multiple sources. Dogs is a section for my pets and other miscellaneous info.
For additional gaming resources, check out the Dinky Dungeons fan site.
Today's featured gaming tool: Roleplaying Games Glossary
Tips for Players
Avoid cliches when creating your character's personality and history. If you include one of these concepts, you may be cliche: orphan, amnesiac, assassin, dark and mysterious, panther pet, silent type, never retreats, cultural rebel, infamous, piercing blue eyes, very sexy, black leather clothes, black hair and pale skin, or very unusual name.
Tips for GameMasters
Don't Try to Win - Roleplaying games aren't about winning and losing. An adventure is not a competition between the GM and the players. There's no fun in that - the GM controls the universe and can't lose. It's your job to entertain the players by presenting challenges for them to overcome, rewarding them when they succeed, and telling a good story along the way.
From the RPG Glossary...
Red dot - An indication that a player is about to be targeted by the GM or an NPC with lethal damage.
When I Am the Evil Overlord...
I will not have a daughter. She would be as beautiful as she was evil, but one look at the hero's rugged countenance and she'd betray her own father.
You Might Be A Gamer If...
Losing your dice bag would be a serious financial blow.
Gamer To Avoid
The Strategist - He is a wargamer at the wrong table. He spends a lot of OOC time concocting elaborate plans to handle contested situations.
Things I Learned While Gaming
Dwarves do not have the racial ability to hold their breath for 10 minutes.
- 6/10/2018 - The site is being upraded. Thank you for your patience.
- 11/20/2017 - We have a new dog!
- 2/19/2017 - The Strange and Mysterious Event Generator has been upgraded.
- 8/3/2016 - Site graphics have been redesigned.
- 10/19/2015 - Site now has a responsive design and is media device friendly.
- 8/10/2015 - Fantasy band name generator added to Tools.
- 6/2/2015 - Event and holiday name generator added to Tools.
- 10/17/2014 - New ABC songs added to Kiralynn's Music.
- 2/28/2014 - Epic weapon name generator added to Tools.
- 3/15/2013 - Dog name generator added to Tools.
- 1/15/2013 - Moved the site to a new web host.
- 8/9/2012 - New ABC songs added to Kiralynn's Music.
- 5/20/2012 - Updated Spells for the Lands of Xina.
- 3/7/2012 - Added a Village Name Generator to Tools.
- 2/16/2012 - Updated the Fantasy horse name generator.
- 12/9/2011 - Added a web page for Talos (Caesar), our new dog.
- 10/26/2011 - List of fantasy horse names has expanded.
- 10/7/2011 - The main menu options have been reorganized.
- 9/3/2011 - New songs added to the Kiralynn's Music ABC collection.
- 7/15/2011 - Werewolf name generator added to Tools.
- 6/12/2011 - Latest News RSS feeds updated.
- 5/12/2011 - ABC Music section added for LotRO.
- 4/7/2011 - Guild name generator added to Tools.
- 3/3/2011 - Magic item and powerstone creation tools added for Lands of Xina.
- 2/9/2011 - Newspaper name generator added to Tools.
- 12/20/2010 - A Fantasy horse name generator added to Tools.
- 11/3/2010 - Updated spells, skills, and enchanting guide for Lands of Xina.
- 10/18/2010 - Updated Armor in Lands of Xina equipment.
- 9/20/2010 - Added poisons to Narcotics in Lands of Xina equipment.
- 9/15/2010 - Updated Lodging in Lands of Xina equipment.
Found a bug? Squash it! Report bugs here. Please be as specific and detailed as possible. (No actual bugs were harmed in the making of this website.)