This site features resources for the tabletop roleplaying game crowd, designed to work on any device. Bookmark this site as a handy, cell-phone friendly GM toolbox.
Tools features useful random game information generators. Names will take you to a variety of person, place, item, and event name generators. Archives links to useful RPG-related articles. Games accesses information for my various campaigns. News brings in RPG news from multiple sources. Dogs is a section for my pets and other miscellaneous info.
For additional gaming resources, check out the Dinky Dungeons fan site.
Today's featured gaming tool: Tavern and Inn Name Generator
Tips for Players
Read the rules for your character's traits and special abilities. Make sure you understand how they work and when they come into play.
Tips for GameMasters
Define Realism - Explain up front how epic or gritty the setting is. Will the characters need to worry about holding down a job, paying taxes on time, and avoiding parking tickets while being adventurers? Do they need to keep track of every dollar or copper piece they spend? Are you using strict encumbrance rules? Can the players purchase cinematic advantages for their characters? Do they need to start with mundane or extraordinary backgrounds?
From the RPG Glossary...
Splatbook - A sourcebook devoted to a particular facet or fictional faction in an RPG; splatbooks usually provide additional background details and rules options for archetypes, races, or classes within the game.
When I Am the Evil Overlord...
I will never build only one of anything important. All important systems will have redundant control panels and power supplies. For the same reason I will always carry at least two fully loaded weapons at all times.
You Might Be A Gamer If...
You keep having dreams where you are your character... and you think it is neat, rather than consulting a professional.
Gamer To Avoid
The Twink - He manipulates the game system to make his character as powerful as possible. He plays a character of a higher level than the rest of his party, or inherits items and abilities from previous characters.
Things I Learned While Gaming
I am not allowed to rub the monk's head for luck. I am not allowed to rub any part of the elf chick for any reason.
- 6/10/2018 - The site is being upraded. Thank you for your patience.
- 11/20/2017 - We have a new dog!
- 2/19/2017 - The Strange and Mysterious Event Generator has been upgraded.
- 8/3/2016 - Site graphics have been redesigned.
- 10/19/2015 - Site now has a responsive design and is media device friendly.
- 8/10/2015 - Fantasy band name generator added to Tools.
- 6/2/2015 - Event and holiday name generator added to Tools.
- 10/17/2014 - New ABC songs added to Kiralynn's Music.
- 2/28/2014 - Epic weapon name generator added to Tools.
- 3/15/2013 - Dog name generator added to Tools.
- 1/15/2013 - Moved the site to a new web host.
- 8/9/2012 - New ABC songs added to Kiralynn's Music.
- 5/20/2012 - Updated Spells for the Lands of Xina.
- 3/7/2012 - Added a Village Name Generator to Tools.
- 2/16/2012 - Updated the Fantasy horse name generator.
- 12/9/2011 - Added a web page for Talos (Caesar), our new dog.
- 10/26/2011 - List of fantasy horse names has expanded.
- 10/7/2011 - The main menu options have been reorganized.
- 9/3/2011 - New songs added to the Kiralynn's Music ABC collection.
- 7/15/2011 - Werewolf name generator added to Tools.
- 6/12/2011 - Latest News RSS feeds updated.
- 5/12/2011 - ABC Music section added for LotRO.
- 4/7/2011 - Guild name generator added to Tools.
- 3/3/2011 - Magic item and powerstone creation tools added for Lands of Xina.
- 2/9/2011 - Newspaper name generator added to Tools.
- 12/20/2010 - A Fantasy horse name generator added to Tools.
- 11/3/2010 - Updated spells, skills, and enchanting guide for Lands of Xina.
- 10/18/2010 - Updated Armor in Lands of Xina equipment.
- 9/20/2010 - Added poisons to Narcotics in Lands of Xina equipment.
- 9/15/2010 - Updated Lodging in Lands of Xina equipment.
Found a bug? Squash it! Report bugs here. Please be as specific and detailed as possible. (No actual bugs were harmed in the making of this website.)